One of the main aspects of production is quality control. The job description of quality control managers majorly comprises ensuring the best quality production of goods and services...
Account Manager Job Description
The aim of this article is to help you know about the account manager job description, along with the educational requirements and salary details. Read the following article to know more about this topic.
The accounts department is one the most important in any organization. It handles all the money matters, and has complete details of the financial transactions of a company. So, for any management student, it is essential to know the account manager job description, account management, and the reason why accounting is of prime importance in any business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts management is a task carried out by junior as well as senior account managers. This study is required for companies in all fields, such as sales, marketing, product manufacturing, information technology, etc.
- Account managers have the responsibility of maintaining business relationships with clients and adding new clients, as well as signing new deals with clients and solving their doubts and grievances.
- They attend meetings in which measures to step up the quality of service being offered are discussed and finalized.
- Their duties also include reporting, the daily working, and transactions done with the director of accounts and getting his approval and suggestions.
- Participating in project management activity, managing portfolios of clients, doing accounts and administration work, etc., are some other services.
- Customer account management job description involves checking that funds meant for financing clients are used in a wise way.
We need to understand the use of his study in the banking and financial services sector, where it is the most important concept. Account receivable management is a specialist function, and so, it would require experts in financial management.
An accounts manager has a very important task and hence, he should have the requisite qualifications to deliver a good performance in every task. Ideally, a degree in finance, accounts, mathematics, or business administration would be the right approach for a career in this field. Getting a master’s or doctorate will surely brighten your chances of securing a brilliant placement. You can reach up to the position of a accounts director by acquiring sufficient experience.
Since the functioning of accounts has become more sophisticated now, you need to have complete computer knowledge and must be able to use the software well. Excellent communication skills, team building skills, interpersonal and marketing skills, and leadership skills are also required for this job profile.
The salaries for people in this field are quite impressive, and are expected to grow steadily over the years as per the opinion of several experts. The salary largely depends on the number of years of experience, educational qualification, skills, kind of employer, and location of job. Professionals working for multinational companies in financial services sector earn much more than those working for small companies. The salaries in major cities are higher than those in the smaller cities. Entry-level people can expect to earn anything between USD 30,000 to USD 35,000 per year.
On the other hand, the salaries of people with more than eight years of experience is around USD 65,000 per year. Experienced managers can make around USD 10,000 per year in the form of bonus or perks.
I hope this article this article on what is account management, qualifications for account managers, and their salary packages must have cleared most of your doubts. Getting the concept of accounts management cleared is important for a successful career in finance. All the best!