- They have deep knowledge of company's products, market situation and demand for the products.With this knowledge, they organize seminars and presentations to explain key points to the sales team.
- They not only work on maintaining a database of sales metrics, but also plan strategies for sales enhancement with the help of top marketing professionals.
- The sales process is full of risks and uncertainties. So, sales coordinators have to work closely with the risk department to reduce the risks and improve the company's prospects.
- They play a crucial role in renewal of contracts with clients, based on earlier experiences of working with these clients.
- Attending meetings of marketing and sales teams is also a part of their job.
- They attend product promotional events to develop new contacts and get more clients for their company.
- Development of a unique and efficient tracking system for keeping a tab on daily operations also comes in the job description of sales coordinators.
- They also undertake administrative jobs such as preserving important and confidential agreements between the company and the customers.
- Sales targets can be met only by team-work and hence, a sales coordinator has to be an excellent team player. At many places, these professionals make teams, allot work, and report the status to higher level managers.
A graduation degree in the fields of sales or marketing can be the best launchpad for this career. Make sure that you complete your course from a top ranked university to get a good corporate placement.
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, logical thinking ability, organizational skills, ability to work for long hours, hardworking nature, basic computer skills, and telephonic conversation skills. The salary of a sales coordinator can range between US $31,253 and US $58,696 per year.