An expert in the field, he knows everything about the different houses that are out in the market, the best prices being offered and other details necessary for buying, selling or renting out property. You need to contact a real estate broker for all the information needed for the best possible deal. Here are all the duties that a real estate agent performs.
Most real estate brokers own a real estate firm and then hire agents to carry out the selling and renting of property. They pay the agent a commission on each property that is sold or rented, while they themselves get a fixed pay from the owners. The job may seem simple and direct, but it has many facets to it.
Dealings with the Owners
- The brokers obtain listings - which is an agreement given by the owners that allows the broker to place their properties with the firm and on the market for sale.
- Brokers are expected to have a knowledge of the (financial) sources that will provide them with the required finances for buying properties from previous owners.
At the Time of Sale
- They supervise all the agents that are handling the transactions and deals and help out if there are any problems.
- They are present when the sellers and buyers are striking a deal and help in the real estate negotiations of price and other factors.
- They make sure that all the terms and conditions are met (of both parties) before they sign a deal or contract.
This amount depends on the years of experience that a real estate broker gathers, the city he works in, his educational qualifications (it has been seen that earning a degree in business and real estate has garnered the maximum salary for this job) and the like. After a period of 10 years and more, the average range could be around US $64,100.
Having a thorough knowledge of the nature and duties of this job profile is extremely important if one is looking at taking this up as a career. Now that you have the basic working knowledge of the same, you can make an informed decision for yourself.