Radiology technicians, who are also known as radiographers, are mainly responsible for taking X-rays and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans. Over the years, the salary range has seen a growing trend due to the increase in demand for the skills of these medical professionals. The health care industry is growing at a fast pace, especially in Asian nations, which has largely contributed to the establishment of more and more hospitals and medical jobs.
- Radiology technicians make use of technologically-advanced instruments and equipment for producing scans.
- They help the patient get into a right position for the X-rays, as it is necessary to obtain clear and effective results.
- Once the scans are produced, they analyze and interpret these scans to find out the exact nature of the problem.
- They use their training knowledge to arrive at fast conclusions and detect any abnormality in the body parts.
- They help detect cancers and broken bones with the help of proper scans.
- This job is challenging and may require one to work long work. Thus, these technicians have to be physically and mentally fit to deal with these challenges.
- They also have to preserve medical records of patients for future reference.
- A radiology tech needs the right kind of training from a well-known institute.
- The courses imparting education are generally between one to four years.
- To be eligible, you have to be high school graduate or have any equivalent qualification.
- The training is quite intensive, and hence, efforts are needed on every front to learn the course contents well. Apart from classroom sessions, practical training is imparted as well.
- The salary largely depends on their several years of practical experience, educational qualifications, skills, type of employer, and location of job.
- Technicians working for well-known clinics and hospitals will certainly make more money than those working for smaller hospitals.
- The salaries for these professionals in the urban areas and large cities are higher than in the outskirts of the city.
- According to statistics, the salary range is between USD 35,000 to USD 90,000.
- The average salary is around USD 60,000.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, sound basic knowledge of their field, dedication, and hardworking nature are some qualities, which make a successful radiology technician.