As the name suggests, the project coordinator's job involves coordination and management of all aspects of the designated project. The personal target is not something that is specified exclusively. The crux of the job lies in taking all the people involved in the project together and successfully ensuring that the project's primary goal is achieved.
Qualification and Experience
A bachelor's degree is a must for this job. It is the basic qualification required. If the person has a post graduation degree in business administration, it will surely act as an added advantage, not just for the job interview but also with regards to salary expectations. Most companies prefer people with a prior experience of about one to three years.
Job Duties of Project Coordinators
- The main duty is to lead and manage the projects effectively and to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and to the agreed quality standards.
- Duties of a coordinator include managing standards, procedures and practices of record-keeping of all the agreements and contracts of the company.
- Team-building and ensuring the work is properly organized comes under his purview.
- He primarily acts as an assistant of the project manager or director. The job duties in different fields are enlisted here.
- He monitors adherence to software development processes and works with cross functional teams of end users, technology development, and quality assurance to produce goal and target specifications, and solves any conflicts that arise.
- He has to check for information uncertainty, changes on short notice, surprise developments, and an ever-changing environment.
- He maintains an appropriate relationship with internal business partners to ensure that the project results are understood by the end users, business partners, and others interested in the project.
- He develops and maintains technical and project documentation and support user acceptance testing and training.
Marketing Project Coordinator
- This job involves coordinating the marketing activities of the company, so he needs a basic understanding of the marketing techniques, and should have an innate quality of being creative, to come up with innovative ideas to market the company's products.
- His responsibilities include the supervision of production and implementation of marketing materials, and executing all the marketing activities like advertisements, trade shows, press releases, promotions through effective public relations, and customer communication.
Construction Project Coordinator
- This job is a challenging one, given the dynamic work schedule and changing work environment.
- The coordinator needs to juggle between and manage both the official work and the construction site work.
- He coordinates the construction efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction and rebuilding projects.
- He carries out the inspection of construction site and material, keeps a tab on the documentation, generates and updates the project files and reports.
- He also needs to supervise and control all the financial aspects, contracts, and agreements relating to the multiple construction activities.
The growth opportunities in this job are enormous with experienced coordinators getting promoted to the positions of project manager and senior project director. The diverse roles and responsibilities in this job provide bright prospects for a successful career!