Tired of spending hours on end every day, trying to find the perfect job in aviation industry? Do you feel that your career in this field is currently at a standstill? Pilot jobs are indeed available, but you have to broaden your horizons and look for unconventional ways of finding the right one for yourself.
Many airlines face rising costs in terms of legacy costs and jet fuel. Coupled with inefficient management, this has collapsed some of the biggest names in airline industry. But, all is not so bleak in the industry. Today, there are many new, interesting jobs for aspirants. Knowing what to do can be a challenge, but finding the perfect job can be rewarding.
How and Where to Begin?
Some options for aviation jobs that might interest you:
- Discount Carriers: These remain a strong option while legacy carriers all over struggle to keep up. Discount carriers were formed during a period of deregulation and have gained strength since the 80s. Some examples of discount carriers are: Southwest Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Allegiant Air, JetBlue.
- Private Jet Operators: Business aviation is one segment of the industry that has till date not been understood completely by most people. These companies require their very own staff of dispatchers, flight coordinators, technicians, pilots, administrators, flight attendants, etc. You can go ahead and apply directly with each company.
- Private Companies: Some companies manage their own flights. Such companies generally have their own in-house flight department that consists of pilots, maintenance technicians, flight attendants, administrators, flight support personnel, and more.
- Many start-up airlines are in the process of employing or have recently hired. On the other hand, discount carriers have always offered the right opportunities. Most of them have all lusted jobs in the future or are planning to do so shortly. The salary offered in such carriers are generally lower than those in legacy carriers, but jobs are surely available.
- When looking for a pilot job, apart from contacting each company directly, there are a couple of useful websites that are jam packed with helpful information regarding opportunities in the industry. The Internet is loaded with sites and information, so get online at the earliest to find the best possible prospects.
- Finally, for those of you who are looking for job opportunities beyond the United States, opportunities exist with carriers in India, Vietnam, the Emirates, China, and many other destinations. So, if you are looking for flight time, then most of these carriers exactly have what you are looking for.