Though there are some schools that offer courses based on interior designing, you will learn the basics of this art, only if you work practically on different projects. However, before entering this field, it is important for the interested candidates to have a good knowledge of the job profile.
- Being in constant touch with the client, he comes up with probable designs that may suit the fancy of the client.
- Getting these designs approved and materialized is the main aspect of this job.
- He also decides the type of material to be used as per the budget.
- Planning and buying all the material to be used is the next step.
- Overseeing the work done is another important responsibility.
- Using his expertise and training, he sees the entire project through to make sure that, what the client wants is delivered to him.
How to get this Job?
You can enter and make a mark for yourself in this field, if you have talent and ability to think in an innovative way. Doing a course from a reputed school is a way of getting yourself started. After your diploma or degree course is over, you can apply for a position in various firms.
Initially, you will have to work as a junior interior designer, and then with sufficient experience, you can gain senior level positions. There are many people who grab top jobs in this field, even without a degree.
What is the Salary?
The salary in urban areas is more as compared to the country and other geographies. Mean annual wage in May 2017 was $51,500 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The annual mean wage in California was $68,290 while the same in Florida was $49,290.
So, it differs according to the geography. The top ten percent of the people employed in this sector earned more than $93,780 annually in 2017. Besides working for a firm, you can also start your own firm and earn well by increasing your client base.