However, in these uncertain economic times, every penny counts and earning a little extra is a great option especially if you mix work with fun. You don't have to search for a job, rather do what you are interested in. This will not only help you enjoy earning money, but also gain expertise in what you have always liked to do.
- If you have a lot of things that you don't use and are lying in your backyard, hold a yard sale. Sell all the things you don't require and get money for the things you do need.
- There are a lot of seasonal positions vacant in hotels, resorts, parks, etc. especially in summers. Many of these places hire just for the season and pay good wages.
- Work from home. There are opportunities to become a virtual assistant, or an marketing assistant who is outsourced.
- If you can express your thoughts well and have a good command over grammar, spelling and communication, become a freelance writer for newspaper, magazines or various websites. You can find many such writing and editing jobs daily.
- If you know another foreign language, offer to teach it to kids or at some school. Knowing a foreign language is in demand and people will pay you well to learn it.
- Sometimes teachers take leave from schools for various reasons. Step in and volunteer to teach till the teacher comes back. Check out with schools to see what requirements they looking out for.
There are some summer jobs for teens also which can earn them good money. Try to get referrals from existing clients. They can help you reach out to masses and advertise your availability for a particular job. Now that you know how to make extra money during the summer, use these ideas to collect and save cash for your wishlist and have a great time!