If you are a baseball fan, then you know how difficult it is to purchase tickets when the Boston Red Sox are playing against their arch rivals, the New York Yankees. You may be ready to give your right arm in exchange for a seat to watch this particular baseball game. However, I am sure you will still not be able to find a person who will take up your offer. Baseball tickets are indeed precious. It is an ideal huge demand and short supply situation. Why not benefit from it and make some bucks. There is huge demand for the few available tickets in the market. Consider investigating it as one of the career opportunities open to you if you are currently involved in a job search.
Become a Licensed Ticket Broker
Whenever there is an imbalance between the supply and demand, the situation is ripe for a broker. Tickets for sport events like baseball, NFL football league, NBA basketball, entertainment events such as rock music, jazz and blue music concerts, and theater are always in demand. If you know which tickets purchased at face value can be sold for high prices, then you can have quite a successful career as a ticket broker.
- Find out from reliable sources, such as local authorities, whether you as an individual or as a businessman need a special 'Ticket License' or a general business license to operate or become a ticket broker.
- There are some states where you would need both these licenses to operate. Making sure of what your state demands from you in this regard will help you immensely. Use Internet to visit the official web site of your state and save valuable time and money.
- Next, you need to choose a catchy name for your businesses. The name should be simple, and whenever a person comes across it, he or she should be able to connect it to your would be profession.
- If you are going to take help of advertising to make yourself known, then a catchy name and a 'logo' may make your prospective customers think of tickets. They may decide to buy them from you.
- Mediums like newspapers, yellow pages, or brochures can be used for the purpose of reaching targeted customers.
- Setting up a web site and selling the tickets on-line can be an easy way to become a ticket broker.
- Next comes the stage of acquiring the required forms and applying for a general businesses license.
- The licensing fees and the related rules vary depending on the city and state. All you can do is comply with them in order to become a licensed broker.
- Also be aware of other entities, such as airline ticket brokers, who provide service to others.
After your application has been approved by the authorities, you should set about establishing your business. The following tips may help you in making it a profitable venture:
- There are some websites which sell tickets online. Visit them and buy a block of tickets.
- Your aim should be to buy tickets that proffer on-demand seating for special events and artists.
- Target tickets that are likely to be in demand and are likely to sell out quickly. The front row seats of any event are always in demand and interested people are ready to grab them at any price. The chances are that you can sell a front-row ticket for a price much higher than its face value.
- The next step is to find a website which will let you advertise and sell your tickets online. For the services rendered, these type of websites charge you a fixed amount for each transaction.
- Open an account with this website.
- It will be fair to aim for a 45-50% profit while selling the tickets in your possession. Oh! Don't be disappointed if you have heard some wild stories about ticket brokers making big killings by selling Super Bowl tickets, etc. On some occasions, such as Opening Day 4/11 Ring Ceremony or a Super Bowl, they have made 8 to 10 times profit on the face value of the ticket.
- The next step is to post your tickets on the website you have registered your account with, and start selling them to interested individuals.
This knowledge can open a very lucrative market for you. Though you will have to be a little patient, you will eventually find it out to be one of the highest paying jobs.