Besides a clean and beautiful surrounding, other domestic tasks are necessary to be supervised and completed at the right time for the efficient functioning of the place. Of course, cleanliness, for most of the part, is of primary importance, since it influences one's judgments. Maintaining this cleanliness is the job of the housekeeping staff.
Duties of a Housekeeper in the Hospital
- Sometimes, the staff may also be asked to assist in making calls in case of an emergency.
- A lot of hygiene and clean sanitary conditions have to be maintained in hospitals to prevent any spread of diseases.
- Syringes, medicines, and bandages used on a daily basis or any other medicinal waste must be disposed off as soon as possible.
- The hospital housekeeping department must see to it that the waste containers are emptied before they are overfull.
- This includes trash from all areas - the patient's room, waiting rooms, or the waste bins from the corridors.
- Some of the recyclables have to be disposed as per the rules of the hospital, so a housekeeper should have the knowledge of the procedures and policies if at all there are any.
Duties of a Housekeeper in a Hotel
Know the Place
- If the hotel has amenities like fireplace in the guest rooms, automatic windows, air conditioners, etc., every housekeeping staff should be aware of their working procedure and maintenance so that they can provide timely assistance to clients.
- He should also know the location of the hotel very well and the surrounding areas to help clients with directions.
Keep Up the Standards
- Every hotel has certain set standards.
- The housekeeper must be aware of these standards regarding cleanliness and maintenance.
- Maintain the stock and supply rooms and other cleaning services.
- Make sure that the customer service you provide is according to the standards set by the hotel and is maintained throughout.
- Always attend to any queries or inquiries that come up.
- The most important thing is to provide correct and accurate information to the customers. Don't forget to greet the customers.