High salaries are always a means to divert the attention of the young and old alike. The field of computers and information technology has seen a tremendous growth over the last two decades and is still on a rise. There are different types of job designations in this profession. There are software developers and programmers who concentrate explicitly on the program coding and development. Software designers form a part of the design and analysis phase of the SDLC (software development life cycle), testers test the program codes, and there are system analysts and technicians and consultants as well. A list of computer science careers with salaries has been compiled below for your reference.
The Software Industry
- Proper computer networking is very essential in this world of advanced technology, to connect small or large organizations and share the resources.
- Whether these organizations are included in the Information Technology (I.T.) sector or not, does not matter.
- Career opportunities as a network administrator can provide you experience in areas, like safeguarding people trying to infiltrate into the network, providing resources to connected workstations in a network, preventing access to banned resources through computers, providing technical support, network security, and taking care of the computer systems.
- These aspects of the job make it very lucrative. The annual median salary for this field varies between USD 40,000 to USD 80,000.
- Programmers work for software companies in the field of software development.
- Knowing programming languages, like C, C++, JAVA, ASP.Net, and expertise in web applications, which are the fastest growing concepts, is a must for people interested in computer programming careers.
- You can enter this field with a bachelor's or master's degree in I.T.
- The annual median salary in programming is between USD 50,000 to USD 100,000.
- Software testers do the task of studying and analyzing the software developed by software developers, and detect flaws and errors in their functioning.
- The scope for this job of software testing is quite wide - it also has applications in preparation of software for games.
- You can firmly establish yourself in this field by doing a master's program from a reputed university. There are many certifications available as well that will increase your scope of getting a good job.
- Talented software testers earn a decent salary package between USD 45,000 to USD 100,000.
- Also known as computer scientists, DBAs are usually engaged in tasks, such as hardware creation and network design for data communication.
- They also help prepare robots, maintain the data communication networks, websites, and store the organized data.
- A suitable degree from a good institute along with related certifications will help you bag a salary package between USD 40,000 - USD 80,000.
- The field of cyber law is growing at a great pace and is creating many job opportunities for deserving candidates.
- In this course, you will be studying the basics of technology, digital contract laws, e-governance, the Information Technology Act, cyber laws issues, the world scene in the field of cyber law, and the issues of intellectual property.
- Professionals in this field earn between USD 50,000 to USD 100,000.
- Graphic designing is one of the most lucrative computer careers, since they perform a variety of duties, like website design, creating video games, logo designs for different companies, products and websites, and creating ads using software like PhotoShop.
- The multi-media designers work in the arenas of animation, television, and mass media.
- The earning for this field is believed to be between USD 35,000 to USD 65,000.
- The computer department in the military require professionals to handle the job responsibilities, which are more or less same as that of the network administrators.
- Their duties will be troubleshooting the problems occurring in the network, maintaining the network, protecting it from viruses, designing the software programs for the use of the military, etc.
- Since this is a government job, you may be eligible to get much more benefits, incentives, and perks as regular government employees.
- The salaries for government jobs are fixed by the government. You will have to work hard to polish your educational qualifications, experience, and specialization.
- Computer forensic investigators (most of them are software engineers) work in the field of computers in criminal justice.
- You can get jobs in the law enforcement agencies and can earn a salary between USD 40,000 and USD 80,000. This is one of the highest paying jobs in the computer field.