We all encounter situations in our professional life when we have to write career goals or career objectives in our resumes. Even though you may have gone through numerous examples of career goals, by doing research on the Internet, merely copying a career objective suitable to your job title and adding it your resume isn't enough. We all have the habit of writing career objectives based on the job title and it is logical to do so.
However, if you don't have the required skills and work experience, the hiring manager or the recruiter will be able to identify that, easily. Hence, applying for jobs that match your credentials, education, skills, and work experience is very important. In that way, you can prove to your prospective employer that you're the best person for the job. We'll help you, by exposing you to numerous career goals and statement examples in this article, so that writing career goals is not a headache for you.
Writing Career Aims
If you're willing to write your career goals and objectives, you can take care of the following points.
- For resume writing or job search, write your career objectives based on the job title. Here it is assumed that you're eligible for applying for the job.
- In cases where you're a bit unqualified for the job, try to write a balanced career objective focusing on your strengths. May be the manager will consider you in the interview.
- Be specific while mentioning your career objectives. Write the job title, exactly as mentioned by the employer.
- Ideally, career objectives in resumes must be one sentence or at the most two sentences long.
- You can adjust your career objectives depending on the job title you're applying for, but make sure your changes are not drastic and you're focusing on your strengths.
Entry-Level Job Seekers
- Looking forward to an entry-level position in accountancy utilizing my strong analytical and mathematical skills with a Master's degree in accountancy.
- Recent college graduate, with a degree in mass communication and diplomas in Spanish and French, seeks an entry-level position in an online content writing firm.
- A candidate in the final semester of computer science engineering seeking an internship position in a software company who can utilize my programming skills in programming languages like JAVA and Oracle.
For Experienced People
- With an extensive experience of 14 years in the field of marketing in FMCG sector, I'm looking forward to a marketing head position in a MNC.
- With 10 years of experience in the Oil and Petroleum industry in Gulf countries, seeking a managerial position in a petrochemical company where I can utilize my experiences to lead a team and help in boosting efficiency of the firm.
- Looking to secure an assistant professor position in economics in a national level university with a master's degree in economics and 4 years experience in state level universities.
- Civil engineer with 14 years of work experience in infrastructure projects seeking the post of a project manager in US.