Nevertheless, the jobs of accounts receivable in recent years has gained significant importance in various industries. Their duties consist of various activities, like maintaining a proper report of firms accounts and balance sheets. Operations and marketing departments, on the other hand, ensure that the quality and sales aspect of the firm is at its peak.
- It is your duty to send statements to customers and clients regarding their financial transactions or other aspects of the financial market
- You are also expected to sort out the problems of customers with respect to outstanding issues.
- Basically, accounts receivable is a term that is generally used to indicate accounts that are held by customers who owe money to the firm or the company for some goods and services.
- If you are a manager in this field, then your job will involve various roles in accounts department, and you will also be asked to hire and train accounts receivable clerks.
- Initially, one starts with the position of a clerk, and with increased work experience and performance, is promoted to manager's post. This demands several years of work experience and practice.
- As these jobs require extensive use of computers in maintaining financial data and other reports, a certain level of proficiency in computers is absolutely important.
- The average salary for professionals with a work experience between 1 to 4 years is approximately USD 40,200.
- An experience between 5 to 9 years demands a salary of around USD 43,300.
The career development path for accountants receivable professionals is fairly bright and it promises excellent growth options for junior accountants.