The field of finance and accounting is well-known for providing employment opportunities to a large number of skilled accounts and finance graduates. The scope and extent of career opportunities in this field has always been fairly good enough, except in times of a bad economy. Nevertheless, the jobs of accounts receivable in the recent years has gained significant importance in various industries. Their duties consist of various activities, like maintaining a proper report of firms accounts and balance sheets. Operations and marketing departments, on the other hand, ensure that the quality and sales aspect of the firm is at its peak.
- Accountants are hired at various designations, consequently, their job duties may differ.
- Generally, the job of clerks related to this designation includes keeping up-to-date billing systems and keeping a check on the various collection, billing and reporting activities.
- Accounts receivables normally report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- They are expected to draft weekly reports about finances and resolve any outstanding payments.
- You need to have adequate knowledge of accounting software and expertise in handling Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- You will be interacting with higher management officials and handling various facets of accounting.
- You need to have strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attending daily collection calls is a part of the job too.
- You have to carry out proper market research, accounting research, and analysis
- It is your duty to send statements to customers and clients regarding their financial transactions or other aspects of the financial market
- You are also expected to sort out the problems of customers with respect to outstanding issues.
- Basically, accounts receivable is a term that is generally used to indicate accounts that are held by customers who owe money to the firm or the company for some goods and services.
- If you are a manager in this field, then your job will involve various roles in accounts department, and you will also be asked to hire and train accounts receivable clerks.
- In the initial years, generally, one starts with the position of a clerk, and with increased work experience and performance, one is promoted to the manager's position. This demands several years of work experience and practice though.
- Since these jobs require extensive use of computers in maintaining financial data and entering various other reports, a certain level of proficiency in computers is absolutely important.
- The salary range for professionals with a work experience between 1 to 4 years is approximately USD 25,000.
- An experience between 5 to 9 years demands a salary of around USD 40,000.