An account manager is responsible for devising and implementing strategies to increase sales of his company. Negotiating with customers, closing deals for his company, preparing reports, etc., are the responsibilities of account managers. A person who is going to face an interview for the post of account manager has to have enough experience in this field.
Freshmen are not directly selected for this post. Account executives with the required knowledge and experience should prepare for such interviews. A thorough understanding of the job description and knowledge of what's expected from an account manager is necessary to face an interview.
There are times when the interviewer tries to test your presence of mind and ability to think quickly by asking tricky questions. Staying calm and giving a reasonable answer is important. Here are few sample questions that you could face in an interview.
Interview Questions for Account Manager
The account manager interview questions should give you an idea about what type of questions to expect in the interview. Your preparation shouldn't revolve only around specific questions.
Understanding the nature of work, working on your weaknesses and brushing up your knowledge about this field are the necessary things to do. Once you believe that you are fully prepared, there is no need to fear any questions.
- Please tell us something about yourself.
- How many accounts have you handled in you career?
- Describe any challenging situation in sales that you have faced in the recent past?
- What are some of your key accomplishments in sales?
- Elaborate on your style of salesmanship.
- What is your strategy for time-management?
- How do you achieve your sales targets?
- Do you possess any supervisory skill?
- What makes you a good team leader?
- What is your biggest disappointment in your career?
- What is your special contribution in increasing the sales of your company?
- Do you have experience in coaching sales professionals?
- What do you know about this firm?
- What is the reason behind leaving your last job?
- What are the 3 important qualities of an account manager?
- Why do you want to work as an account manager?
- Do you mind entertaining the clients for securing sales deals?
- Have you recently learned a skill pertaining to this job?
- Which related skills do you possess for this job?
- How do you motivate your team members in achieving the sales target?
- Elaborate on how good are you at communicating with colleagues.
- How would you deal with an unsatisfied client on the first day of your job?
- Tell us something about how do you cope up with failures?
- Can you tell about the major trends in your profession?
- Can tell something about your monthly plan at work?
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- What makes you an excellent salesperson?
Thorough knowledge of the subject matter and confidence are necessary to attain success in an interview. A person with sound technical knowledge and relevant experience won't find any problem in facing such interviews. You should always look to upgrade your skills.
Researching well on the business of company you are applying for is very important. By knowing more about the company's business activities, you get an idea as to what the interviewer is expecting from a candidate. It is important to check whether your qualifications and account manager skills match the requirements specified by the employer.
These are just a few probable questions that one can expect during an interview. The interviewee should be prepared and ready for all the technical and general account manager interview questions.
Questions asked by interviewers are not just about technical knowledge, but also aimed at assessing the personality of the candidate. The questions given here should give you some idea about what to expect in an interview.